this is a dIY Blueberry Lightening & Toning hair mask that will Lift and Neutralize Banana yellow and brassy tones out of blonde hair and hydrate at the same time. No Bleach or Peroxide required!
PLEASE BE AWARE.....This is not Just a Toner it Lightens Hair by removing Color!
Lightening & Toning Hair Mask Ingredients:
Lightening & Toning Hair Mask Equipment:
Get Kitchen Aid in Canada
Get Ozeri Food Scale in Canada
I created this DIY hair mask because I needed to get the brassiness out of my own hair, that’s my hair in the before and after photos.
Please note I am not a hairdresser, I am an esthetician. Big difference!
With a little research I decided to put some specific ingredients together and give it a try, and it worked well on my hair.
Use this DIY at your own risk! I recommend testing it on a small patch of your hair before going all in.
1. Add one cup of water and 1/2 a cup of blueberries to a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 20 min or until most of the water is gone. Allow to cool.
2. Pour blueberries into small blender and pulverize, or manually mash blueberries with a fork.
3. Using your food scale measure out your 20 g of shea butter.
4. Using your medium sized metal bow, make a hot water bath, then place your small glass bowl of Shea Butter in the hot water bath. Stir until the Shea Butter is melted.
5. Measure out 20 g of olive oil and add it to the shea butter and stir.
6. Add shea butter and Olive Oil mixture to the bowl of your stand mixer, or, pour into a large mixing bowl if you are using a hand held mixer. Turn your mixer on meduim speed and whip your oils together or 5 min until completly smooth and incorporated.
7. Add one tablespoon of mashed blueberries and mix until incorporated.
8. Add one tablespoon of citric acid powder and 5 drops of Vitamin E Oil mix until fully incorporated.
9. Apply to damp hair for 20-30 min. Cover with plastic to prevent drying. (It is recommended to do a hair strand test on small section of your hair before applying to your whole head.) Rinse and shampoo 1-2 times; then condition and style as usual.
Your Lightening & Toning Treatment
About The Ingredients
Have a rich purplish color; this color is the opposite of yellow/brassy tones which results in a neutralizing effect. Blueberries are also a superfood for your hair that have been clinically proven to reduce breakage. We recommend using organic blueberries for this DIY hair treatment.
Contains fatty acids that penetrate the hair shaft adding moisture and fortifying the hair thus reducing breakage due to dryness.
A natural lightening agent, it will lift out stains from hair dye, as well as lighten up yellow and brassy tones. It will also remove any buildup in your hair from hard water or hair products.
Works as a conditioner, it softens, smooths and reduces frizz.
I hope you liked this lightening and toning hair treatment mask! If you did don’t forget to share it with all your BRASSY BLOND PAL’S they will sure appreciate it!
How To Make A Messy Bun
Now that your blonde hair is looking beautiful and vibrant, free from brassy tones. It’s time to learn a new hair style the messy bun!!
Click here to learn how to make the perfect messy bun, even with thin hair.