This is a recipe for strawberry mojito slushy. This can be made with or without alcohol, I usually make mine without but I enjoy this drink both ways. I sized the recipe for one large serving or two regular sized servings. You can adjust it accordingly and make a pitcher full if you like. It’s a very refreshing drink for hot summer days. Be careful when drinking it, however. If you make a pitcher you might be tempted to drink the whole thing yourself, and you just might find yourself having a really good time (if you added alcohol)!.
- Cut limes into quarters. Do not remove the peel.
- Add limes, mojito mint leaves, and 1 cup of water to a blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes, until limes peels are completely pulverized and the liquid has a light green smooth consistency.
- Pour the lime and mint liquid from the blender through a metal strainer. Set the strained lime and mint liquid aside, and discard the pulp.
- Add the frozen strawberries, stevia blend, lime and mint liquid, remaining water (1/2 cup), and alcohol if desired. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass or glasses (if you’re sharing) and garnish with a fresh mojito mint leaf.
I used all organic strawberries and limes in my recipe, and the mojito mint was taken fresh from my garden. My sweetener of choice is krisda Stevia Sweetener blend and this will be the best option for the quantities of ingredients listed. Feel free to use any sweetener of your choice, but you may need to adjust the amount accordingly.
For best results always use quality ingredients including your alcohol if you decide to add it to your drink.
Share the recipe, share the love!