- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- In a small pot, add all of the ingredients and mix them with a wooden spoon, or wooden spatula.
- Place the pot on the stove over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir mixture continuously so it doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Let it gently boil for 5 – 10 min until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool enough that you can safely apply to your skin (approximately 30 min). The sugaring paste should be warm to the touch but not hot.
- Using a wooden spatula spread a thick layer of the sugaring paste onto your skin against the direction of hair growth.
- Wait a minute for the sugaring paste to harden slightly.
- Take a small corner of the sugaring paste and pull it off your skin in the direction of the hair growth. Be sure to pull towards the surface of the skin rather than upward in the air.
- After the first pull of sugaring paste you will be able to form a firm ball with the paste.
- Using your fingers, push the sugaring ball onto the skin and spread it on against the direction of hair growth, pull off with the direction of hair growth.
- Repeat these steps until the ball is no longer sticky, then start again with a new portion of sugaring paste.